Associate Partner, Data Advisory & Transformation- Financial Services
New York, NY
Apple. Twitter. Box. These are just a few of the global partners working with IBM Global Business Services (GBS); enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. IBM GBS is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants who help clients envision their future as cognitive enterprises, all supported by the industry’s most sophisticated talent model. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The IBM Global Business Services (GBS) North American Financial Services sector is currently seeking an Associate Partner (AP) with deep expertise in the data and analytics domain and consultative selling experience across the Financial Services Industry (Banking, Insurance and Financial Markets). The AP will oversee the financial performance of Data & Analytics solutions combined with emerging cognitive capabilities as well as more traditional Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and other Enterprise Information Management solutions. We’re looking for strategic dynamic people with creative spirit and a profound ability to envision how analytics and data combined with cognitive computing can transform how business is done.
- Contribute to growth in IBM GBS new business, revenue and profit from Financial Services companies using analytics, data and cognitive computing.
- Contribute to thought leadership and point of view materials aligned with select domain
- Drive the overall analytics and data strategy and vision for industry leading client solutions
- Maintain business controls for pipeline reporting and signings/revenue forecasting
- Identify and advance new business opportunities to closure
- Oversee Big Data, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Enterprise Information Management, Master Data Management and/or Data Consolidation related projects
- Manage pre-sales activities, assessments and the delivery of these first-of-a-kind solutions.
- Collaborate with internal IBM partners including IBM Watson Group and SWG to help develop use case-specific assets and accelerators to drive combined analytics, data and cognitive solutions for the Financial Services market place
- Understand client needs and industry trends and develop winning proposals, applying IBM’s consulting and technology/data capabilities
- Translate winning proposals into referenceable client project delivery – leading medium to large project teams with responsibility for overall successful delivery
- Build, grow, and steward client and business partner relationships
- Assist in assuring client satisfaction and maintaining a strong client relationship through delivery excellence
- Inspire and mentor our consultants, with a focus on building expertise our clients value, external brand eminence and accelerating career advancement of strong/top performers
- Reflect IBM’s core values every day, in all interactions – internal and external
- Work with delivery organizations to ensure staffing/talent strategy and investment is aligned with account growth and strategy.
Midwest or East Coast preferred, but all locations will be considered.
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBM jobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and the latest job opportunities.
(2252) (4687) (GTMP) WHAP WHFS
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- At least 7 years experience in selling and delivery complex consulting projects for a Tier 1 consultancy
- At least 7 years experience in business development and C-suite relationship builder skills
- At least 7 years experience in negotiating and selling consulting projects
- At least 7 years experience in Big Data and Advanced Analytics solutions
- At least 7 years experience in formal project management methodology
- At least 7 years experience in working within the Financial Services industry
Group ID: GBS
Country: United States
Job Family: 07E - CONSULTANT